Saturday, January 30, 2010

Tribute to a wonderful Women...

Mom and Lindsey

Mom as a young girl.

Happy Birthday mom. Today is my Mom's birthday. I just wanted to take a moment and write some of my thoughts about her. It is hard for me to know where to start so i will start with a poem I wrote for her about 10 years ago. It is cheesy but that is what you get from me.
Rachel
by: Me
Mother, Momma
Madreas, Mommy
Mom
Angel, Warrior
Comforter, Leader
Friend
There are so many things I could add to that list. She is the one I call when I have good news or bad. When I need applause or an answer. There are not many people I know that are up to the task of raising 8 kids but my mom did it and she did it well. I hope I can be as good a mom to my kids as she was to me. She never missed a performance of mine. Every night every assembly every silly in class performance she was there cheering me on. During rehearsal she would bring me food. She would stay up late at night to chat and to comfort us. She was and is one of my best friends. I was one of the few kids in high school he had a friendship with their mother. I was a hard kid to raise but my mom was up for the fight. When she didn't have an answer she would go to the Lord and she helped teach us to do the same. There was many a time that she would tell me to pray and to make my own descission. Even now she is there for me guiding the way. What would I do wiothout my mom. She is one of the most giving poeple I know. Mom I love you. Thanks for making me feel important and knowing how to put up with me. Thanks for teaching me the gospel and loving me. My mom was loved by all my friends and if she wasn' starting snowball/water fights you can bet she was finishing them. I love you mom, Happy Birthday.
I think it would be great if anyone out there wanted to leave comments for my mom to do that here at my site since she doesn't have her own and since she will read this she will know to check them.

7 comments:

mh said...

Happy Birthday mom! I love you!

Taylor Family said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom. I hope my kids can say that of me someday.

Diana said...

Krista,
I bet you didn't know I have been ready your blog. I get in through Marintha's. I finally got a password that works for me.

As to your mother! She is truly an amazing woman to have raised all 8 of you to be such wonderful kids. I know this to be true as I have watched you all grow up over the years. She has a creative piece of her that I envy. She is so very loving and caring. It has been a blessing to me to have her in my life these past 30 years. So Rachel, when you read this, know that you are loved and greatly appreciated by me and mine. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. It was weird not to call you, but frankly I can't remember my own cell phone number, let alone yours. I hope you and Allen had a wonderful trip to see your brother, Paul and I hope he has some positive news. Take care of yourself!

Love, Aunt Di

Holli said...

Krista, I LOVE your mom! She is an amazing woman! I always think about whenever we'd leave your house she'd say, "Remember who you are, Krista! Who are you?" And then you'd have to reply- "I am a daughter of God." Then, before we could sneak out the door I would hear, "Holli! Remember who you are! Who are you?" I am totally using that for my kids! I bet your mom didn't realize she was raising everyone else's kids too! Happy birthday Rachel!:)

Kate is great said...

I am a lucky girl to have such a great mom.

Karin said...

I love You Aunt Rachel! I have many many memories of spending time at your house with your girls. We always loved that when we were little. I remember the many times we would sneak into your van when ya'll were trying to get home and pop up a few miles down the road. What a crazy bunch we were. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I hope I can come visit at some point - if only life weren't so crazy - but I wouldn't want it to be boring either - love you! And Krista too!!

Karin said...

By the way I didn't know Maritha has a blog - I want it!!