Thursday, May 29, 2008

Just Mom...

Well Yesterday Mikey turned three. I am the mother of a three year old. We had a lot of fun. He is a good kid. He was so polite to all his friends. Anytime someone would say Happy Birthday he would say Happy Birthday back. In the morning I said "It's not my birthday so you don't have to say Happy Birthday back" He got this confused and sad puppy dog look on his face and said "You aren't coming to my birthday?" I replied of course I am He then had this happy grin and with a shrug said "Well, Happy Birthday then". He is so fun.
This morning he came and laid with me. He was so cuddly. I got up to use the washroom and when I came back He asked why. I told him it was because I had a sweet cuddle bug in my bed. And told him how much I loved his cuddles. We then discussed his nicknames Mikey Cuddlebug and Little Bear. I asked him who I was and he said "just mom" I think I like that just mom. And today that felt like enough. It was good to be "just mom".

No comments: