Thursday, September 18, 2008

My 3 year old is way too funny


So lately Mikey has just seemed so funny to me. The other night at dinner he was having some juice and as often happens with children he got a juice mustache. His dad informed him of this. Mikey started talking about it and how it is a stain which he informed us is why he doesn't call it a mustache he calls it a musstain. We laughed so hard. Then the other day we saw a rabbit in the garden so this started an obsession with rabbits. He is always playing Peter Rabbit. Well a couple nights ago he had been playing Peter Rabbit and jumping all over Mike and then all the sudden he got really serious and asked his dad if Rabbits could talk. His dad told him no that only Bugs Bunny and the Easter Bunny can talk. This got Mikey laughing and then he informed his dad that the Easter Bunny is not real he is only a "human in a pretend bunny costume". That's right the gig is up. My 3 year old doesn't believe in the Easter Bunny. Kinda sad. I guess we never should have taken him to meet the Easter Bunny at the Remmington. He has also been checking out reference books at the library. Last Wednesday I asked him if he wanted to get some story books he told me "no, just the good ones" and walked to the reference section. So much like his dad. Although yesterday he checked out some stories so I guess he is still my little boy for awhile longer.

3 comments:

mh said...

He is so funny. I miss him. I can't wait to see you in November! I know you are sick and throwing up all the time, but keep posting! It makes it feel like you aren't quite so far away!

Taylor Family said...

Boy I miss Mikey. He is way too funny. I'm glad you're doing well.

Holli said...

That is so cute, and Mikey is hilarious! I can't believe he already "knows" about the Easter Bunny- he is just too smart for his own good!