Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Some excitement




Well I was going to wait to post until I figured the whole picture thing out but I figured I should post now and add pictures later.

Well Friday my neighbor invited us over for dinner because Mike was out of town and I have not been feeling so hot. For those of you who do not know I am eleven weeks pregnant. YAY!!! The "morning sickness" has kind of taken over our lives for a bit but we are hoping this will pass. Anyhow back to the story. So we had been at the neighbors and we were coming home to get Mikey and yes I'll admit it mom to bed. I let him play outside for a bit and then as we came around the corner of the house I could see smoke across the street. This isn't that alarming as there is a campground down the hill from us. But the strange thing was I could smell and hear fire. Now I know pregnancy does some crazy things to the senses but this just seemed to strong so I went to check it out and sure enough the hill/field across the street was on fire. I ran in and called 911 and before I was off the phone they were there. The fire was not big and they put it out quickly. I went to see if they wanted to use my hose but they were done before I thought of it. Not that my dinky garden hose would do much but I was trying to do my part. Mikey wanted to Thank them for being savers. So I asked if he could come thank them they said yes. He came over and thanked and shook there hands. They did him one better they let him play Jr. Fireman. they put a helmet on him and let him spray the hose they let him climb into the fire truck and told him about the equipment and stuff. Then as they drove off they waved and turned the siren on for him. He was so proud. He wanted to tell Daddy right away but couldn't so then He decided to tell Linda (our neighbor) and then he had to tell Grandma so despite the fact it was already past bedtime I decided to let him go tell Grandma and Grandpa. Although truth be told I don't know who was more excited Mikey or me. (Just so you know we live in a small town and the firetruck was not a big red engine but a normal truck converted to carry water and be used in emergencies if I had the picture thing figured out you would see what I mean.) Thank Cardston County Emergency Services for going beyond the call of duty and making some fun memories for Mikey and I.

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

Holy cow! Congratulations!! That is so exciting, I mean about the pregnancy. Yay!

Taylor Family said...

Wow, what a story. Clayton would be so jealous!