Friday, March 13, 2009

memory lane


I was on the phone yesterday with my mom and she reminded me of a fun memory. I think it was in grade 8 (Joni you will have to let me know if this is correct.) It was the third day of school and my dear friend Joni gave me a Haribo Frog. She told me to keep it forever. I told her I would. I still have it today. I had to put clear fingernail polish on it to "preserve" it. It now sleeps in an old ring box in my jewelry case. That was almost 11 years ago. While there are a lot of things I have sentimental attachment to that I don't save this is one I will probably have until I die and my kids through it out and shake their heads at their mother's insanity.

5 comments:

Tawnya said...

That is awesome. I can't believe you kept it! Way to go. Any baby yet?

Taylor Family said...

You are a nut! I remember you telling me about that. Love it! I can't believe you're ready to have that baby. It seems like just yesterday you found out you were pregnant. I can't wait for pictures!

Danielle said...

Mmmm, those are yummy!

Kim said...

Haha. That's awesome Krista. Here's why: I did the same thing! LOL. She also gave me one and I wanted to eat it but she said she wanted me to keep it because it was very special. I wanted to eat one so badly she finally gave me another just to shut me up and make sure I didn't eat this one. So I took the one she gave me, I coated it in nail polish like you did, and then licked the bottom and stuck it to my vanity mirror. I also had various other stickers on there. My dad got mad because the vanity was an antique and was his mom's so he eventually took it away when I was 18. I'm jealous you still have your frog.

Joni said...

OMG!! I still have that "fish" in the baby food jar! Remember that? I will send you a pic to prove it. You are the best! LOL. Made my day!!