Friday, August 19, 2011

Two hospitals and two trips to Lethbridge in two days... still no baby

Well I really wish that I was blogging to introduce the world to our baby. However he is just as stubborn as his brother so that news will have to wait. I certainly thought I was going to have news of a baby because I was due on the 14th and wed. night at about 11 o'clock I started having contractions. I was timing them and they were fairly regular they were nothing extreme so I decided to try to get some sleep. I tossed and turned and at one when I was still having contractions and they were getting more intense I decided to call the hospital. For those of you who don't know the hospital I deliver in is an hour away. Not really the kind of thing you want to wait around for when having a baby. They listened to me describe my contractions and I answered all there questions about the previous babies and the told me to come in. I have had a lot of false labour with this baby so I decided to get checked at the hospital in town first at this point they are about 3 or 4 minutes apart if I remember correctly. So at about 2 A.M. we go in they lay may down and strap on the monitors. The baby is doing well my contractions are strong and regular and my cervix seems to be progressing. I am just over 1 cm or 1.5 cm. So I am still obviously in early labour but because of how quickly my others come the Doc tells me to head in and that I am having a baby that day which is now Thursday. So we head over to Mum in laws who had the kids for the night wake her up (and Lindsey in the process) and tell her we are on our way. Now I have to try and reassure Lindsey and deal with labour pains and the anxiety of getting to the hospital and having a baby. I am trying to stay calm. Lindsey settles down and we head off. I think it is about 4 when we get to Lethbridge and my contractions are stronger and about 2 min. apart but still not hard labour. I get all checked in they strap on the monitors and we wait then they check me I am about 2 or 2.5. Then they tell me that I am not in active labour and that I will probably have to go home and wait it out. They tell me to go walk around if I want or to wait and in 2 hours they will check again. With Mikey walking around is all it took and he came in a hurry. So I start walking around and things quickly slow down. GRRRR!!!! I decided to get some sleep and let Mike do the same. He heads to the van I head back to my room. They were going to check me at 7 but I was asleep so at 8 they check me no change. I am still having piddly little nothing contractions, but no baby. So they send us on our way. I had contractions through most of the day until about 8 at night. Oh it is so dis heartening. This morning I had my Dr.s appointment in Lethbridge so I headed back in again and returned once again empty handed. He better come soon or I may go crazy.

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

Seriously!?! You were due the 14th! I am so sorry Krista! that is the worst! You are in my prayers!

Alexis and Rick said...

Oh dear honey! Hang in there. Maybe by now you have him! ;) Good luck and I can't wait to hear all about it.

mh said...

Oh sis! Thanks for reminding me why I am done! =) J/K! I love you!! Good luck with things. He will be worth the wait. I can't wait to meet him, but i am sure right now you are way more excited to meet him. =)

Holli said...

I'm so sorry Krista! I guess he decided to come closer to the second due date they gave you and then changed it back... so not fair!