Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Baby names...

I thought it would be fun to share how my kids got their names but first I will tell the names I thought my kids would have. When I was young I had an imaginary friend named Sheena and thought I would name my daughter after her. I also went through a phase of loving names like Candace. In Jr. High I thought I would name a son Benjamin Allen after my grandpa and my father. Lisa beat me to the punch on Ben. I would have named a daughter Angela Lyn. In high school I loved the name Charles Jeffrie for a girl. I figured this would never happen so I named my chicken this instead. If I evr own a tarantula I will name it Chex Mix. I hope I never use this name either. I love the name Ramona but Mike (and 98% of the world) hates it. Lindsey could have been Abigail or Katelyn (after me) but she was a Lindsey. Aaron could have been named Bauer but it just wasn't his name either. (Don't try to make sense of the pictures they were just ones I like of my crazies.

Michael James from the moment he was conceived this was his name. If he was a boy and I was sure he was We would name him Michael after his father. (His dad was named for Mike Remmington one of his dads good friends) and James for all the amazing James' in our families. On one or the other of our sides there is a James going back 12 or 14 generations. Both of us have a brother his father is a James and my grandfather is a James. It was just the perfect fit.

Lindsey Grace. As soon as I met Mike's Grandma Grace I wanted to name one of my daughters after her. She is an amzing women. When Mike blessed her he told her to always remember who she was named for not only Grandma Grace but the Grace of God. Lindsey was never even a thought until after she was born. The doctor asked if we had a name and Mike said he had kinda been thinking Lindsey, that night I tried out our different options and Lindsey just fit. She was a Lindsey, Lindsey Grace.

Our sweet little Aaron Luke. We came up with Luke before we had Aaron. Luke is his grandfather's middle name and is also a family name. We tossed around some other names and none of them seemed right then Mike suggested either Aaron or Ammon. I heard Aaron and it just felt right. He is Aaron after the Aaronich Priesthood more so then Aaron the brother of Moses whom the Aaronich priesthood is named for but I still say Aaron from the bible when people ask to simplify it. But Mike thought of it because of the Priesthood.


So there you have it. That is how my babies came to have the names they have. And now hopefully you get how amazing there names are.

1 comment:

RH said...

I love it! I had so many names planned out for my kids in jr high and high school too. The funny thing is I only had boy names picked out and surprisingly was able to use two out of my top three. Congratulations on another beautiful addition to your family.